Corsets and curves going together with women are the most demanding and popular garment since the Victorian age. However, it was worn as a dress in the eighteenth century to highlight the figure of a women-giving meaning to the accurate curves and shape, but the means of wearing the same garment is changed today. Today women are wearing corsets to lose weight, look slim, and wearing the same as an undergarment helps them to wear any outfit that may reveal the perfect hourglass figure.
The effect of the corset on your body : The materials used to make the corsets are very flexible and bonded with spiral steel boned that fit into your body, giving the perfect curve to your waistline and busts. The long laces of the corsets help in tightening the corset to make the skin silhouette the figure. They come in different colors and styles and even customize according to the shape of the waste that may differ from person to person. If you are wearing the corset regularly, the waist might show a permanent change, but if worn occasionally, the waist regains the original size.
The occurrence of the physical changes if worn regularly : The changes may be temporary or permanent or maybe for a short while, depends on the amount of time you are wearing the waist trimmer or the corset.
- Firstly, there is a temporary change in the shape of the body if worn frequently.
- The body changes are not visible as soon as you are out of the corset after a particular occasion.
- Due to the heavy bonding of the steel bones in the corsets, the internal organs shift and shrink from its original form.
- Since the internal organs shrink, it becomes difficult to eat, as the digestive tract is unable to perform its function well.
- Difficulty in breathing is another reason if you are wearing the corset for long hours regularly.
- The pressure on the abdomen results in muscle weakness only when corset used to reduce waist size.
- The ribs are stuck to each other if worn permanently.
- If you are wearing the corset from a very tender age, there is a negative impact on the figure after childbirth.
Corset fabric plays a vital role in your body : As you have decided to put on the corset, before buying them, be careful about the material you are buying as every element has few benefits and implications compare to the other.below list of articles from which the corsets made and describe in detail its impact on your body.
- If you are buying a satin corset and wearing it under your clothes, it is easier to slip under the garment and is comfortable to wear. At the same time, satin is uncomfortable to wear during the summers as you will sweat more and give a clingy feeling.
- Similarly, when you are on the mesh corset, which is the breathing fabric and is very light in weight is an ideal fabric during hot summer without keeping you warm. You may use under or over your clothing and gives a lean figure if it is beneath the garment because of its thin material.
- A Cotton corset is thick but is comfortable to wear all around the year.
- Brocade fabric is equally elegant and a gorgeous fabric that you can wear it as a fitted corset garment that will give extra glamour and beauty to your figure. Though the material has upholstery, effect as it woven and thicker fabric at the same time, it is comfortable and works as an illustration to your closet.
- Equally important is the leather fabric that gives a royal look when you wear it as a garment on your body. Leather is a natural skin, and thick material so does not use as an undergarment and has a tendency to stretch, so wear it wisely.
How can you increase the shelf life of the corset? : Wearing or not wearing the corset, under or over your clothes, cotton or satin, beauty or weight reduction, be it any option all depends on your personal choices. However, many women wear it under the clothes to highlight the hourglass figure and equally important are the women who wear it like a garment and is the must-have in their regular wardrobe.
At the same time, you need to follow a few guidelines while wearing the corset. The corset shall never touch your body directly without a slip or the lining between the corset and the body. It will, in turn, increase the shelf life of the corset, keeping it clean and fresh all the time.
Customization for convenience : To begin with, if you are wearing the corsets for exhibiting your figure in social gatherings, function, you can buy them readymade according to your satisfaction. On the contrary, if you are using it for weight loss and waist training, then it is a smart choice to customize the corset and eventually buy them. It will not only give you a perfect size but also work miraculously for losing weight and train your waist at a much lower cost than purchasing the jazzy readymade ones.
Proper care and cleaning improves the longevity : Finally, when you are in your closet for long hours and using it either for waist training or as a fashion statement, extra care taken may improve the longevity of your closest garment. Since you are wearing it on your body that touches you the most, you need to carefully store and keep it clean to avoid any infection on your skin. Below are the few recommendations to follow when using the corset.
- Only dry clean the corset instead of machine wash or else it may damage the fabric.
- Use a mild detergent to clean the spots and dry.
- Do not keep under sunlight for hours as it may damage.
- Always air the corset after each wear to avoid the smell and the accumulation of germs in your corset.
- It is advisable to wear a lining between the corset and your skin.
- A few drops of fabric freshener on the interior lining of the corset will keep it always fresh.
- Lastly, dry the corset completely with no traces of moisture present in it before storing it in the wardrobe.
Wearing the corset gives a lean waist : When you are wearing the corset for getting a slim waist, it is not only the corset that will work positive but also needs to exercise to get a perfect figure with sharp curves around your waist. Both physical training and size training, along with a proper diet plan, will be soon having noticeable changes in you and your body. By following this, you may get a perfect hourglass figure like any other celebrity, if practiced regularly.
On the contrary, elasticized waist trimmers are also available, which wore as waist trimmers usually to compress the abdomen and after the childbirth, works positively like the corset that is in high demand nowadays. These waist trimmers worn effectively under your dress give a flat and a lean look to your waist.
Take a trial for a weak to see if there are any positive results visible in your body before shifting regularly. Search the internet, read the reviews, follow the guidelines for a week, and then come to the proper conclusion about the effectiveness of the corset in your body. Also, always purchase the corset that is perfect to your size and the material that suits you according to the season with proper hooks and laces intact to use the corset regularly without hassles as a waist shaper.
Also, remember to increase the intake of fluids as you are sweating more than usual, so keep yourself well hydrated. Initially, if the problem arises after wearing the corset, immediately remove it and try to switch to a bigger size to carry on with your regular activities with the trainer itself. Since it is your first time and you do not know much about waist trainers, it is better to wear for short periods until your body accustomed to it.