Before starting the article, let me apologize to the name of the product, as I was confused with the word waist trainer to waist trimmer. I always used to say the same until today when I knew the correct word and its purpose. The same product that I used with a thought that it would only reduce my weight but actually, it turned out to be completely different. It does not only trim but it a force to keep you in shape with regular diet plans and physical training.
What is a waist trainer?
Waist trainer or a corset, a product of the Victorian age is an undergarment made up of thick cloth with wires bonding it together to give a perfect shape. It was intended to fit around your waist, reducing the actual waist size highlighting the curves by either tightly fitting it with laces, hooks or Velcro, thus the wearer's waist seems to look smaller or an illusion of being a smaller and lean waist. However, it requires proper training to wear the same, as it is tighter than your undergarments to give you a sleek look. These corsets are in high demand among women who want to look slim having an exaggerated hourglass figure that includes a tiny waist and beautiful curves over the hips.
Now, the question asked frequently about eating meals while wearing a waist trainer is advisable or not? The answer is undoubted yes, you can eat while wearing the corset or the waist trimmer. Let us see the benefits of the waist trimmer before trying one.
The benefits of wearing a waist trainer
Since girls are very conscious of their figure and want to look good and presentable, you go anywhere but the present lifestyle hinders you to do the same. In spite of proper dieting, going to the fitness center regularly, the perfect figure with the curving waistline is not visible. You end up being frustrated and want to achieve the same without many pains, thus the idea of waist trainer come into existence. The various benefits of wearing waist trimmer are as follows.
- It helps in losing weight: Now, as you have decided to be on waist trainer throughout the day, you are unable to eat much as you used to eat regularly, ending up losing weight. The tight undergarment hinders you from consuming food in large portions, as your stomach remains compressed, thus reduces your diet if you are wearing the corset before and after meals. On the contrary, wearing the corset will not lose your weight; nothing can give you a perfect curvy waist without hard work. You need to indulge yourself in strenuous activities like regular exercise and maintain a strict diet plan too.
- An hourglass figure: The very first day after wearing the corset is very encouraging as the curves are visible and you can see a perfect waistline, hence increasing confidence in you too. The figure you have waited for quite a long time is into existence now. You are under a training session where you need to train yourself to create the same figure even after you are not wearing the waist trimmer. I understand it is difficult but you cannot use the waist trainer throughout your life. You are wearing it to train your waist to the same shape and remove the extra fat, which you are carrying from years.
- It improves your posture : While you are on your corset, you maintain a good sitting and standing posture as it pulls the muscles and tissues giving a perfect shape with the help of rigid wires on the garment that disallows slouching and keeps it straight. However, wearing the corset for many years may be very painful around your waist thus giving you a poor posture.
- It develops your overall personality : After wearing the waist trainer, you are more confident than before seeing the change in the curvature of your waistline. You can now flaunt wearing a sleek gown at a part
- It provides support to your busts : The garment is beneficial for women with heavy breasts as it supports the buntline and gives a lean look.
- It keeps the body warm during the winter season : As you are wearing another layer of undergarment that is closely fitted and does not allow the air to pass through, thus keeping you warm during the winter. In contrast, it keeps you warm and itchy during the summer months.
- It can stylize your party dress : Many women wear waist trainers as another outfit that makes them look slim and simply overlook it as a trainer.
- It helps to reduce back pain : Many women wear corsets to get relief from back pain and provide support after accidents or severe injuries.
- It helps to reduce your appetite : As your stomach is compressed, you tend to be full throughout the day, thus you end up eating less.
Fitness trainers advise to the wearer
It is safe to wear on any traditional dress or a wedding gown, where you need to show the waistline that should be fit and fine. Remember to keep it loose and open it immediately when you feel uncomfortable or difficulty in breathing.
Points to consider while you are wearing a waist trainer
While you are training your waist, there are certain points you need to concentrate on, which is as follows.
- As you are on a waist trainer, you cannot have three large meals in a day, Instead, you have to switch to small frequent meals, thus maintaining the metabolism and proper health.
- you need to cut down on processed foods as if fatty foods, sugary foods and drinks resulting in heartburn or other health-related issues, as your stomach is compressed you cannot eat more. Instead, eat whole food meals for better digestion and feel comfortable while training your waist.
- Do not make a habit of eating anything at any point in time. It is not good for either your digestive tract nor for a better metabolism to eat just after opening your waist trainer before going to bed.
- You can plan healthy nutritious meals to save time for the coming week and can chop vegetables for an easy snack. Plan a diet chart for breakfast with whole grains, lean protein, low-fat foods, fruits, and vegetable smoothies, which may be quick and flexible.
Similarly, intake of green leafy salads, vegetable grits, eggs, nuts, spring rolls, sweet potato, avocado sandwich, chocolate chips, cranberries which has more of vitamins and minerals and complex carbohydrates and lots of protein with low-fat dairy will be a healthy way of living while training your waist.
In between snacks should include nuts, boiled eggs, raw veggies, popcorn, smoothies, nut butter, fruits, and plain yogurt, which are low-fat food, with no burning sensation while you are wearing the trainer.
In the same way, plan your dinner with enough carbohydrates, proteins and less of fats that may include low sodium soups, roasted veggies, chopped salad, stuffed bell pepper and pasta with white sauce.
- Since you are training your waist, you are sweating more, hence the requirement of water increases and there is frequent hunger for water instead of food, thus reduces the diet. Be sure to keep the water bottle beside you to meet the daily requirement of water per day.
The ill-effects of waist trainers
Below is the list of problems faced by the wearers.
- Waist trainers may be uncomfortable if you are not wearing it of your size, wearing it during your workouts or maybe tighten it to an extent that you are unable to breathe properly.
- make sure to buy the right size corset to avoid visibility from the dress you are wearing over it. The long fitted dress is a god on corsets as the waist of the garment matches the waist of the corset completely.
- Waist trimmers are extra clothing under your dress, thus result in sweating during the summer months. Mesh materials for corsets would be a better idea.
- Wearing corsets during mealtimes hinders proper digestion and acidity.
- It may be unhealthy for those women who wear it like oxygen resulting in various illnesses. It can lead to the formation of fluid inside your lungs, thus affecting breathing and flushing of toxins become difficult.
- when you are wearing waist trimmers, your organs like liver and kidney squeeze and shift from their original place and get crowded, thus the organs fail to function properly and poor the blood circulation.
Waist trainers are an effective means to make your waist look slim only when it is worn properly. It may cause health hazards if it is worn tightly. Regular exercise and proper diet plan may show miraculous results instead of punishing you every day. Consult your doctor, before starting wearing waist trimmers regularly.
Talk to your primary care doctor about the safety and effectiveness of waist trainers. Eating with waist trainers is not dangerous at all but you have to restrict yourself from eating a wholesome meal at one time.